Tuesday, January 18, 2005

My Dad

Today is my dad's birthday and I want to find something to post for him. After all, he is the start of all my addiction to visual art and design. It can not be flower, bird, scenary, lake, sky... And there is no way I can travel back time and space to shoot Che Guevara, Proust, Uncle Ho, Lenin... for him. I finally pick this photo of him I shot on a family trip to Tijuana, Mexico. I am not very fond of portrait mainly because I am not good at it. I think controling the skin tone is one of the hardest technique to master, not to mention having to do it as candid.
If you look closely in his sunglasses, you can also see me there. I did not realize at the time that the reflection of the scene behind me would be so clear on his glasses.
Happy Birthday, Dad !!!